Saturday, December 10, 2016

Inspire Community Garden - Wednesday 7th December 2016

I walked into the Garden on Wednesday and was thrilled to see that there was an addition to the garden which was a variety of Berries; Gooseberry, Raspberry, Black Currants, Tayberries and Jostaberries.
I haven't ever heard of the Tayberries or Jostaberries; that's a new to me so I'm looking forward to see them grow and taste when they bloom next year.
These plants were being positioned in the Soft Fruit Cage area; what a wonderful sight!


I seem to be all wrapped up for the winter these days and yet the others who are working so hard are walking about as if it's the middle of the summer.
Note to self: Build up my muscles again! Wishful thinking!
















































There's always time to "Vogue"





Some pieces of wood were moved in the Polytunnel and doing that they noticed (possibly) a rat run and where an animal had taken the pods of seeds that were drying out for next years growth in the garden.

I wouldn't know what to do with this new visitor but I'm sure the group will come up with other ways to stop this from happening.






























Now the leaves are off the tree branches I can see where the birds have their nest and it will be nice to look out for them over the winter months.


Another good day in the Inspire Community Garden.

                                                            To Be Continued......................

No comments:

Post a Comment