Saturday, January 28, 2017

Inspire Community Garden - Potato Day Opening

I arrived at the Potato Day shop for 09:30am and prepared myself for the tea-making marathon that I was about to begin.
I looked around and then I thought;
"Am I shrinking in height and receiving more creases the older I get?"


I boiled the kettle and started to take the orders for tea and coffee with some biscuit assortments.

I got the hot drinks on the go and seen that the Councillor Shirley Niblock team had prepared their Potato & Leek Soup and some boiled potato's with the skin on that had crushed salt & pepper finish for taste.
I thoroughly enjoyed both soup and potato and couldn't resist taking another potato: just for the Taste Test!
(Do you think I may have got away with the Taste Test comment? I may just boil some potatoes when I get home!)



I got to work; like being back in hospitality that I did before and took MP Mr Toby Perkin's coat and made him a hot cuppa tea before his opening speech to the volunteers from Transition Chesterfield.




I followed Shirley as she walked out of the shop with a tray filled with the warm soup for the queue that was waiting outside.
Brrrrr! It was cold outside and I was so touched to see that all these people were waiting to get into the shop for their various potato range and other seeds to grow back at home or on their allotments.

I never thought that when having a garden or an allotment and to grow plants and vegetables that you will eat when they grow would has brought so much happiness and therapy for me on the journey that I take.













































This Potato Day has been done for the last 9 years and I look forward to watch my own vegetable seeds grow as I'll enjoy the produce that I can eat at home.



























Oops!
There was a slight movement happening from Chris and I think I had better get back to my position as being The Tea Lady!






 I managed to get the last potato which was the great ending to a busy Potato Day in Chesterfield.




A wonderful day filled with unexpected meetings.
















What a big transformation in this room at the end of the Potato Day.
                       
                                                            To Be Continued..........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment